On Tuesday, January 8th, Dr. Anthony Martinez of University at Buffalo presented on: Achieved SVR, What’s Next? HCV Post-Treatment Management
1. Define sustained virologic response (SVR).
2. Describe how to manage cirrhotic patients post-SVR
3. Discuss at-risk populations for HCV reinfection
Dr. Martinez cares for patients with liver disease, including viral hepatitis and alcoholic and fatty liver disease, in an outpatient setting at Erie County Medical Center and Evergreen Health Services where he serves as the Medical Director of both hepatology and Immunodeficiency. Utilizing a co-localization model of care, he treats patients with opiate dependency, HIV, HCV, and HIV-HCV co-infection and he is a Western Region Champion of the New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute Clinical Education Initiative.
– Grant/Research Support: AbbVie, Gilead, Merck, Tobira, Intercept
– Consultant: Gilead, Intercept, AbbVie, Bayer
– Speaker’s Bureau: AbbVie, Gilead, Bayer, Merck, Intercept